Magical Miniatures

If you love all things magical and miniature you are in the right place.

About me and my blog

I am a mother of three and work on a market stall. In my free time I love to make magical miniatures. It all started with my gran who spent hours when I was a child teaching me how to make do. This entailed mending and fixing and making things from scratch. My dolls house consisted of cardboard boxes with windows cut out, beautifully decorated and all furniture hand made. We sat for hours making clothes and accessories for my dolls to the envy of my friends that all had the same generic stuff. So thanks gran for the inspiration. I hope you enjoy my art and my blog. Thanks for visiting.

Sunday 28 July 2013

3d postcard

As I live by the sea I decided to make a 3d postcard.
Using balsa wood I created a back, base and wave break. I cut down some lengths of balsa wood, hacked at them until they looked worn, stained them then aged them using fag ash.
The base and back I covered in pulped handmade blue paper. 
For the sky the paper was a darker blue. I used cotton wool for the clouds  before matt varnishing the pair.
After attaching them together I added the wave break. Once dry I crushed a shell and mixed it with pva glue to create barnacles as I couldn't find any small enough on the beach.
I also collected some dried beach moss witch I incorporated into select bits of my posts.
For the sea I am using cling film and pva glue. I still have another layer of cling film to put on but I am waiting for the other layers to dry. I am also going to add a seagull to a post and a little edging to keep it all neat.














   

No comments:

Post a Comment